Monday, May 23, 2011

It Just Takes Time! Day 98!

5 pounds 9 1/2 ounces


So Calen is still working on sucking down those bottles. We came in today and the nurse had just started to give him his bottle. I took over and it took me 30 minutes and a lot of encouragement but I was able to get him to drink the entire bottle. They looked up his averages and he is 85% on his intake. He does have to be  at 100%so he is getting closer. 


I took the time through his feeding in order to burp him. We have discovered that if we burp him through out the feeding he takes the bottles a lot better. Even with those fancy Doctor Brown bottles he still gets all that air in his tummy. It was funny, I worked so hard to burp him and he didn't and then I handed him up to Holly and all of sudden a nice burp came out of the little dude, he was being particular. 


That's it. That is all that is going on. We are just working on this feeding business and then be prepared to bring him home. 


1 comment:

  1. I think the more you move them around, the more likely they'll burp. we always lay them down for a little bit and then pick them back up. or like you two did, pass the child :) Glad to see he is growing nicely. He looks great!

    ReplyDelete